Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Almondine Revisited

As you know, when I knitted Anne Hanson's Almondine socks from Sock Knitting Master Class, I ran out of yarn (see Almondine--A Complete Pair, posted August 24). I fear that some of you will think that Kollage Sockaliscious doesn't have enough yardage for a standard pair of socks. The socks that I originally knitted were the third size given in the book. It turns out that these are even a bit big for my chunky feet.
To prove that there is plenty of yarn in Sockaliscious, I just finished another pair according to the directions for the second size. They took 91 grams of yarn--the leftover is shown below. Erica at Kollage was kind enough to send me a skein for this, so I'm going to return the favor and send the socks to her. I hope they fit!

10 comments:

nubsmom said...

Is that a typo? 41 grams seems like a really small amount of yarn for those socks? They are very beautiful socks!

Elizabeth D said...

I was thinking the same thing -- skein is 100 g, so I bet it's 91 g.

ann budd said...

Whoops! Right you are--the socks took 91 grams. (It would help if I could subtract...)

april said...

I like that color!

Bibi said...

très beau!!!

Karen said...

They are lovely. And so nice of you to send her the socks too.

sandi said...

Lucky Erica!

Librarynan said...

OK, I'm sold... Almondine for the next "for me" pair!

Linda A. Miller said...

I am in process with this pattern now...love doing lace socks.

Happysox said...

This is a very fun sock to knit. I did them in Cascade Heritage Paints. They're beautiful!